Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I've Got the Theme Song from "American Tale" Stuck in my Head

So, I think I have a game plan for the next couple of years. And, by "I think," I mean "I'm 80% sure this is actually going to happen."

I'm seriously thinking about getting a Masters degree in Communications. I would probably focus on Public Relations, but I'm not for sure about that just yet. I've had probably 12-16 hours of COMM courses, and I do really enjoy them. Plus, continuing my education like this will definitely make me more marketable. I talked to my Mom about it today, and she likes the idea too (and she likes that I'm so excited about it).

The only thing is actually paying for it...

Ideally, here's how this would play out: I would apply for one of the many positions available at DU. I would be loved and adored and hired in December to start my full-time position. In return, I would receive Tuition Remission meaning that I wouldn't have to pay anything for my Masters degree.

Ta-Da!

But, even if that doesn't pan out, I'm pretty sure I'm going to stick with this decision.

<3

No comments: