Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Bill Nye the Science Guy Would be so Proud

Science fascinates me. I regret not majoring in biology (in addition to my other majors, of course). Anyway, yesterday I read two really interesting scientific articles.

The first one discussed a newly found dinosaur nest that is about 67 billion years old. That in and of itself is really interesting to me (I have an uncle who is an archeologist). However, they also found a skeleton of a giant snake that snacked on the baby dinosaurs. Poor little guys! It's still a pretty neat finding!



The second article revealed that the earthquake in Chile may have shortened the Earth day by 1.26 microseconds. It also could have moved the figure axis by about three inches! Ahhh! I know that this doesn't really have any impact on my life, but still...it's pretty cool when you think about it.

I'm a little bit of a nerd, I suppose... :)

No comments: