Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Spring Seems So Much Closer!

Happy March! Dreary February is over, and even though March so far hasn't been much better, I feel like we're so much closer to spring! Woot!!

I've been doing some cleaning today. I cleaned the kitchen, scrubbed the bathroom floor, and I'm getting ready to do some laundry. It's quite energizing, and I think it's helping me center my chi. I've been feeling pretty anxious lately with the whole job search thing, but I feel like my luck is changing: I've had two "second" interviews, and while I would much rather work at one place, I could live with the other job as well. It's a waiting game now, but I'm still looking in case neither job pans out.

It's been over a month since I became a pescatarian. I was never a red-meat eater, but I've completely eliminated chicken and turkey from my diet. It's been a little difficult when I eat out, but it's getting easier. I think the hardest part was finding canned soup (yes, I'm lazy) that didn't have a chicken broth base. Just because a soup says it's just vegetables and noodles doesn't mean that it's vegetarian.

Here are some of my new favorite meals:

Baked Fish

I put a piece of fish on tinfoil and cover it with veggies. I drizzle some olive oil and white wine and sprinkle salt, pepper, and herbs (I like rosemary and thyme) over all of the veggies and fish. Then, I wrap the tinfoil around everything and bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees. I usually eat this over herbed brown rice.

Veggie Soup

I use Campbell's Southwest Veggie soup as a base, and then I add extra corn and black beans. I also dress it up with garlic, cumin, red pepper, paprika, and a pinch of tumeric. It is delicious and so fast to make! I crumble some tortilla chips in a bowl, ladle the soup over the chips and toss some cheese on the top. Nom!

Taco Salad

Crumble chips onto a plate and then toss romaine lettuce, corn, black beans, and cheese on top. Pretty basic, I know, but then I put a lime vinaigrette on top. To make the vinaigrette, I juice two limes and add about 1/4 cup of olive oil. Then, I mix in salt and red pepper. It's tart and delicious. It adds a lot of flavor!

I also baked a flourless chocolate cake today for the first time. It is absolutely divine. You should try the recipe.

1 comment:

Cam said...

Holla pescovegetarians!