Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Life is a Blank Canvas

This is the fourth time tonight that I've sat down to write something on here. There are so many things going through my head (nothing major, though) that it just seems easier to keep them there.

  1. I've been working pretty steadily on the book. It's coming along great! So far, I have about 25% of it finished...which is good, but not great. It's okay; I plan to focus on it over spring break. Other things like a formal paper for senior seminar, a stock portfolio for business, photo projects, and creating presentation boards, billboards, paper advertisments, and website layouts for various projects in concepts are keeping me busy, too.
  2. The way that you stare, starts a fire in me. Come up to my room, you sexy little thing. Let's play a game, I won't be a tease....I've been getting weird vibes lately.
  3. I've been thinking about my spiritual life quite a lot. I don't really feel as though I'm lacking anything...I wish I had more time to spend figuring out exactly what I believe. I mean, I know the basics, but there are sooo many layers to figure out. From what little I know about it, I think I may have slight Existentialist leanings? Buddhism really speaks to me too, but at the same time, I don't know if I'm quite ready to cut all ties to Christianity. I don't really know what's holding me back...I mean, Jesus was a very inspirational man, but no more so than the Buddha or Muhammad (at least to me).
  4. I'm getting tired of calling guys "fucking assholes," "douchebags," and the other various names that we use. Sure, there are some [I can specifically think of one right now that should truly be scared] that genuinely deserve those titles...but I think of the great guys in my life and I feel bad for generalizing them in with the few bad ones. I don't want all of the guys to think that I'm a complete bitch just because they've had a bad experience or two with one girl.
  5. I'm excited for this weekend! Dancing on Thursday, concert on Friday and other various activities...woot! I love my girls so, so much, and I don't think I tell them this nearly enough.
  6. Hmm...let's see, what else was there....? OH! The weather! What the hell?! Seriously, it was a lovely 65-70 degrees (albeit cloudy and starting to rain) when I went to the lab yesterday afternoon, and when I left three hours later, it was 43 degrees. I am so NOT okay with this. And there's a 30% chance for snow tomorrow. Seriously, MO.
  7. I just want to say that I love my mom so very much. She's a spectacular woman, and I hope that I can be like her when I grow up. We have our disagreements and such, but she's always been so supportive of me--in all of my decision-making--and I know that not everyone has this. We have such an open relationship, and I'm thankful that I don't have to hide things from her, and I'm glad that when we talk on the phone, it's just like talking to one of my best friends.
  8. I want to play the stock market. I don't have the time, especially with the fluctuations that are going on in the economy in present times. Sometime soon, when (if?) things settle down, I will give it a serious go.
  9. I feel like I should have an even 10....
  10. Have a good rest of your week!

1 comment:

The Pain of Blossoming said...

I'm so glad you made it an even 10. Good luck with getting all your school stuff done. It sounds like a lot, but I'm sure you won't have any problems getting it finished.