Sunday, July 12, 2009

Currently Waiting on Banana Bread to Come Out of the Oven

I wish it would storm right now. I feel like flashes of lightning, cracks of thunder, and pouring rain would be good for my psyche.

My domestic side is feeling especially ambitious this afternoon as I am currently baking an experimental banana bread (I took the original recipe and added some twists), and I'm going to be making a pizza tonight for dinner. I made an oregano/basil crust, and I'm using tomatoes marinated in olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic for the sauce. The toppings are artichoke hearts, black olives, red onion, mushrooms, and fresh mozzerella. It's going to be so delicious! The girls I work with have inspired me to become more creative with my cooking as well as using better and fresher ingredients. It's pretty exciting! Right now, the actions of baking are soothing to me.

I need to be careful where I tip-toe. I'm dancing dangerously close to a line. If that line gets crossed, there will be no turning back.

1 comment:

lindsey said...

I find if you are in fact toeing a line, it's good to have some baked goods in you.

Banana bread sounds so damn good right about now. :-P