Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Boy, Oh Boy!

We can't live with them; we can't live without them. We love to hate them; we hate to love them.

Yes, I'm talking about the opposite gender.

I keep hearing that all men are stupid and asses who can't be trusted at all. I know that I've said my share of this, too; I'm not innocent of this. However, I've also started feeling bad about this. There are some guys in my life who are truly fantastic.

First, I have my family members. My grandpa, Jake (Abe is still a kid, and as such is not included in this conversation), my cousins (Charlie, Bob, Tim, Brad), and my uncle are all such wonderful men, and I feel so lucky to have them in my life!

I have guy friends who truly care about me, and who I truly care about as well. There is a handful of these guys who I completely trust, and who I know would be there for me in a minute if I needed it.

It feels like I'm short-changing these guys when I speak so negatively about all boys. Don't get me wrong, there are several jerks out there, but you have to remember to not judge all of them. I'm so tired of hearing that there are no good ones out there. There most certainly are; you just have to look a little harder for them.

You might be saying that I really have no basis for this, because I haven't had my heart broken by a guy. Well, romantically, no, I have not. However, the man that is supposed to be there completely and who a girl should be able to trust fully has, in a way, broken me, and I think that I do have a little bit of basis for saying all of this because of that very fact.

I'm not ranting; I just want to bring this up, because it really has started bothering me. Please know I'm not trying to discount the hurt and anger that certain guys have caused my friends. Those guys have truly been assholes. I just want to stop lumping all of them into one category.

1 comment:

Cam said...

I completely agree. And I'm glad you have guys you love and can trust!