Saturday, January 24, 2009

I wish I may, I wish I might, have this wish I wish tonight

As you probably know, I have been working through how exactly I feel about God and religion. I have come to several conclusions, but one of them is that while I believe in a Supreme Being--God--I don't necessary believe that it works in our everyday lives. It is a transcendent being that created the world and then stepped back, thus allowing us to make our own decisions. I don't reall think that there is some grand plan that God has for each of us, and I'm fine with the idea of creating my own future based on my decisions rather than thinking that if something's meant to be, it will happen.

That being said, I've noticed that when I'm upset and struggling, I still call out to God asking for relief or direction. I don't really think that this is out of habit, because I've never really subscribed to the grand plan theory. It's never really crossed my mind that I did this until a few weeks ago, and I've been trying to figure out why. I think it's interesting...

2 comments:

meme marie said...

oooo, interesting indeed. hmmmm. <3

The Pain of Blossoming said...

I noticed myself doing the same thing, which I find ironic since at the moment I'm not sure I even believe in "God." Habit perhaps? Or the way we express hope or need?