Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My Happy Place

This evening, Linz and I rented What Happens in Vegas with Cameron Diaz and Ashton Kutcher. Now, while it was humorous and light-hearted it wasn't particularly inspiring (as you can probably guess). However, in one part of the movie Kutcher asks Diaz when she was last happy. She thinks it over for a few minutes and replies, "before I had a job or responsibilities I took the ferry to a lighthouse and just sat on the beach for a day listening to the waves."

Now, you probably know that I feel so at home near large bodies of water--especially near the ocean, but that isn't always possible since I live in the center of the United States (which is unfortunate). However, I must say that I am happiest when I am near the ocean as well. I have a sense of peace and calm when I hear the waves crashing and feel the wind blowing that I cannot get anywhere else. When I am near the ocean, I feel light, satisfied, untouchable, worry-free...it's so amazing.

Maybe in a year or so I'll be closer to the ocean...for now, I'll make do with what is (when I'm home) my backyard...







1 comment:

The Pain of Blossoming said...

Reading this made me feel relaxed and longing for a quiet beach get away. :) (Let's go?)