Sunday, January 4, 2009

It's time for a clean slate

Happy 2009! I'm confident it will be an improvement from 2008 because of the lessons we have learned.

It's been a looong time since I've blogged or journaled. Subsequently, I have a looong list of topics that I want to touch on...unfortunately, I lack the motivation to go into detail.

Home was good as always, but also as always, it was great to get back to the Q. As much as I love my mom, siblings, and grandparents, it can get a little overbearing to be home for an extended period of time. However, I did get to spend time with my sister's boyfriend, so it was good to get to know him.

The third or fourth day I was home, we spent the day at my dad's house. He crushed me that night--hurt me in a way that I never thought was possible...even for him. I have never been more hurt, furious, disgusted--GAH. And then he has the audacity to tell me that I am being unreasonable. However, this whole experience did give me a little more insight into Mom and dad's marriage. It also helped me to make the decision to cut him out.

...if only that were a viable possibilty. For right now though, I need what little monetary support he gives me (aka my car and my car insurance). I'm not proud of it. I feel like I'm compromising my integrity. It kind of makes me sick to my stomach, but I don't really know what else to do.

Anyway, Christmas was excellent! It was great to see all of my family!

Now I'm back in the Q (woohoo!), and it's been quite nice to just be lazy for a few days. I'm starting back to work on Monday, but that won't be bad. I've spent about 10 hours at the MudLounge since being back; it was all so much fun! I'm glad to be back, and I'm looking forward to what the new year may bring!

No comments: