Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Interconnected



So, I'm reading Life of Pi, and I am absolutely loving it. The main character, Piscine "Pi" Patel is youngster who is trying to find himself.

There are such great passages in this book! Already, I have marked five excellent tidbits. My favorite from today was this:

"Hindus in their capacity for love, are indeed hairless Christians, just as Muslims, in the way they see God in everything, are bearded Hindus, and Christians, in their devotion to God, are hat-wearing Muslims."

Although I am still in the beginning of the book, I am already enjoying the way Yann Martel has woven Patel's personal story with his own literary experience. It's beautifully written, and thoroughly enjoyable.

1 comment:

The Pain of Blossoming said...

I'm definitely going to have to borrow this sometime.